Friday, November 23, 2012

OFAC outreach


Earlier this week OFAC organized a breakfast for all of the staff located in the OFAC building to get to know the interns. Just through this breakfast I was able to get to know some key people located in the U.S. Treasury Department such as the Director of OFAC, Assistant Director of Licensing and Compliance and was able to discuss planning lunch with some attorneys that work with policy in the Treasury Department which is a large interest of mine. The Licensing department of which I am a part of has monthly meetings that allow me the opportunity to get to know the people on the same floor that work on different projects. Through these meetings I have had the opportunity to get to know all the aspects that the Licensing department is a part of in dealing with other countries with regards to sanctions.
My experience these past three weeks has been unbelievable and in this short span I have been able to branch out and create new connections and friendships that I hope will last a lifetime. I am excited to see how many more people I will have the opportunity to cross paths with. 

1 comment:

  1. Your internship sounds incredible. It is great that you were exposed to so many different opportunities. Making a positive impression and being proactive about networking is not something I ever considered prior to my internship. Therefore it is excellent that you had the opportunity to interact with members of organizations that you may have interest in working for.

    ReplyDelete