Saturday, December 8, 2012

Advice for DC

So for one of my random posts I decided to write about a few tips to have before coming to DC...

#1: Everything goes down at happy hour, therefore, be 21 or over before working in DC
Worst part about my internship is that I'm 20..... while most of my fellow interns are 21 or older... and all the mixers and parties happen after work. So when they invite me... I have to be that person that says I can go but can't drink or go out with them late at night to the clubs and bars.

#2: If you're not a morning person, make coffee your best friend
Fortunately for me... getting up early for the NROTC made me accustomed to waking up early and going to CrossFit every morning before work made my morning tolerable. I can't say the same for my suitemates or coworkers though. The whole saying that Starbucks is on every corner.... is most definitely true in DC. I never was an avid Starbucks drinker but something about DC has made my morning involve Starbucks... because quite literally EVERYONE has one in hand. The whole 9 - 5 job is also a new aspect to me. I now have much more respect for my parent's and what they had to deal with while my sister and I were growing up and them being absolutely exhausted after a day at work.

1 comment:

  1. That had never really occurred to me, the fact that being under 21 may end up being a hindrance. Of course you still receive the full experience from the internship program, but not being able to completely enjoy all the 'perks' is unfortunate, especially in a city that's the perfect example of "it's who you know."

    ReplyDelete