Saturday, December 8, 2012

Certificates

The coolest thing about working at the Treasury Department is that I'm required to receive training and understand security type of processes that the Department uses.

Throughout my time at OFAC, I was required to take at least 5 different tests throughout my internship.  Now don't get me wrong, some of those were down right boring and time consuming but overall it was very interesting to go through. Some of the classes were in person and the others were online and required me to take online tests shortly after going through the lecture.

In the end I left with three certificates to my name in the following:
Intelligence Community Information Systems Security
Culture of Privacy Awareness
Classified Information Debriefing

As with most government jobs, there were a deep set of protocols that we were required to know and understand. Now much of what I took away in regards to security and training happened as I was doing work and talking to my supervisor and the coworkers around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment