Sunday, December 9, 2012

Meetings

So part of my internship requires me to sit in on weekly meetings. It's called brown bag lunch meetings and falls on Fridays when they encourage us to bring in sack lunches. It is a very cool and interesting experience because not only does it involve the interns but the Assistant Director of Licensing and everyone else on the floor meets and discusses a wide variety of subject matters.

They're typically Fridays to give many people a break from their work and interact with others. The one aspect I really enjoyed about OFAC is that everyone is very friendly and involved. The Treasury is working through a new system on their computers so most of the Fridays incorporated conversation regarding how our experience with the new software was. I really enjoyed my internship because they made it a point to ask the interns how their experience was and what we would like to work more on.

On top of those Friday sack lunch meetings every once a month we met with the Director of Licensing and every other high ranking official and were able to sit in on the meetings. I thought that this involvement was very rare in a government agency but I truly enjoyed the opportunity it gave us interns. It was the one time where one second I would be taking notes for my supervisor and then the Director would say that we were going to cover a secret topic and all notebooks would disappear.

The best part of the meetings had to be that they involved the interns in every way possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment