Work became pretty routine within a couple of weeks of beginning so naturally anything out of the ordinary is incredibly detectable within seconds. The amount of security at the OFAC building is incredibly intense regardless of the fact it itself is of high importance but the fact that it is right near the White House creates a bigger reason for there to be security.
One particular morning while we were working on some projects, we all received e-mails that we were not to leave the building due to a mysterious package that was left in the park near the White House. I'm not sure if it was naive of me or rather ignorance in the fact that I just received the e-mail and went on with my day as if nothing was wrong. After all.... we were in a very safe building.
Looking back on that thought process, I completed a lot of the necessary work that was given to me but I realized not a single person let it phase them either. To work in a place that close to the White House and let along the type of work that they do, it must be something that they understand and are accustomed to. My thought process was that if it were that big of a threat they would put in effect the proper procedure to secure the building and move us.
It made me think back to how that must have been on September 11, 2001. I can't imagine how incredibly scary and difficult working so close to the White House and the Capitol could have been.
No comments:
Post a Comment