My internship allowed me to meet with both my Supervisor and the Assistant Director on my work throughout my internship. Overall I learned that for never having had any experience directly with policy work, that I was able to learn as I wrote and did an overall good job. I was able to look at areas of improvement throughout my time and was able to see that I was very innovative in my persuasive writing to get approval by attorneys for action based upon their clients.
It made me much more confident in my area of career interest and helped me notice areas in which I could improve. I would highly encourage that you ask your supervisor for feedback. In many cases you end up learning that what you're involved in is really the area for you. On top of this, I would highly encourage participating in an internship too. I learned so much from my time at OFAC and it has solidified my decision to return to DC next summer and involve myself more in government whether at the Treasury or some other area of government work.
No comments:
Post a Comment