My favorite part about being in Washington, D.C. has to be the scenery. Although the humidity is incredibly difficult to initially get used to, I will find any excuse to be outside and enjoy the city.
I have kayaked in the Potomac, ran to all the memorials, traveled to Virginia, taken a lunch cruise, rode a bike to Maryland and just walked all over the city. Every adventure and new experience has been an amazing event.
Each day after I return from work I grab a bite to eat, change out and relax for a few minutes and weather permitting I go out for a run. I try and change my route and distance each time to be able to explore and see new things. The best part about being in D.C., is that everyone is outside and running/jogging/walking. I met so many nice and interesting people on my runs and there was always a smile on their face.
My favorite moments would be when I had the energy to go on morning runs. For a city that truly never sleeps it was by far the most exciting and interesting time of the day to run. To see the sun peak up and see the city awake is something that only few can really learn to appreciate. Those moments and the scenic pictures in my mind will always be with me.
The best thing to do I learned is to go to the Memorial sites late night early morning. There was one night a group of us did just that. In many cases the memorial sites are packed with tourists and impossible to really appreciate but going at this hour was amazing as hardly any people were around. The lights that are set up at each site are also incredibly amazing to just sit back and appreciate. The only downside or suggestion I would make... bring bugspray. You also get to enjoy all the fireflies that are out late at night.
No comments:
Post a Comment