I've always been known to be an overachiever at times so when I realized that my internship would not involve any outside research I was both ecstatic and slightly disappointed. I figured that with the type of people that were surrounding me, I could be of great assistance to them and at the same time come out improving my abilities.
I decided to involve myself a bit more and during our meet the faculty brunch I decided to touch base with some people that worked in Licensing and offer my assistance. One particular person allowed me to gather some information for them. I'm not at liberty to discuss what they were collecting research for but it was by far one of my most interesting weeks. On top of finishing my cases I was able to do some research on different countries and their economic levels.
The type of information and the type of people located at the Treasury are incredibly amazing. I learned a great deal of new ways to adequately conduct research and I learned how to analyze it in a different manner than what I thought. Ultimately the amount of research that I collected I will not know how the final product will look since it will only stay within the Treasury, but I'd like to think that whatever I contributed will be put to good use and that I made a difference in some manner.
No comments:
Post a Comment